Need help to get the laser module working

NEJE N40630 laser module & laser head for laser cnc
paul.r@rogers.com

Need help to get the laser module working

Post by paul.r@rogers.com »

I've purchased it for my 3018 CNC machine.

The module seems dead. I connected it to the tester board and set it to test mode to check the laser focus, but the laser does not show any signs of life. I tested the board output using a multimeter and it shows 12V and the PWM pin changes as you adjust the test board. So the board seems OK.

Any suggestions how to solve this problem?
dav
Site Admin

Re: Need help to get the laser module working

Post by dav »

Please take a video of the operation and contact the customer service of the store where you purchased it. If it is determined that it is a laser module problem, you can get a new module for free; ;)
dav
Site Admin

Post by dav »

NEJE modules are currently very reliable, and the official warranty period is 2 years; from the date of purchase.
whh

Post by whh »

Hello, according to your reason, we will provide you with a solution. First of all, you first check whether there is a problem with the wiring of the module and whether the connection is correct. If it still fails to work under the premise of ensuring the correct connection, it can be preliminarily judged that the module is damaged.
welcome :D
paul.r@rogers.com

Post by paul.r@rogers.com »

- I tested the board - it does output power on the 12v pin and the PWM output changes as I adjust the power.
- I tested the 4 strand cable and it is fine.
- I tested that the power and PWM pin show the same values on the cable just before plugging the connector into the laser module.
- Connected to the laser, and the laser not showing any signs of life.
- See attached picture

Is there a tech support where someone could walk with me through the steps and make sure the necessary checks are completed? I am OK doing this at night US time. I know these things are quite reliable. I am surprised it seems dead on arrival.
Attachments
laser module.jpg
laser module.jpg (208.07 KiB) Viewed 2709 times
dav
Site Admin

Post by dav »

There seems to be a fault between the pwm test board and the laser module. If you can’t solve it, you can contact the customer service of the store where you purchased a new cable and pwm test board; if you can control the power with pwm, you can directly connect the 3pin of the 4pin cable, To control the laser; :)