fried a control board inside the laser module due to too high voltage. having trouble reaching anybody to help me...

NEJE N40630 laser module & laser head for laser cnc
peteej82

fried a control board inside the laser module due to too high voltage. having trouble reaching anybody to help me...

Post by peteej82 »

i overvolted my laser a while ago, fried what looks like a voltage regulator on the board inside the laser module itself. if i use a laser power supply the diode seems fine and turns on. i admit i did it myself, not looking for a warranty repair, but i havent heard a response after several emails, txts to the chat bot on the retail site, looking to purchase a replacement board or 2, and understand that changing it requires de-soldering and soldering the laser and temp sensor. but i cant get any help from the seller about anything. i regret to post it here but i feel like i bought a product and was left hanging by customer support

-Pete
dav
Site Admin

Re: fried a control board inside the laser module due to too high voltage. having trouble reaching anybody to help me..

Post by dav »

NEJE provides a replaceable driver board, you can contact customer service to replace it, NEJE provides reverse connection protection and surge protection for the driver, but does not support overvoltage protection, please be careful.