What air compressor do you have ?

NEJE master 2s max laser engraver & cutter
Makash

What air compressor do you have ?

Post by Makash »

Hello,
Can someone who has air assist tell me what air compressor they bought ?
Neje told me: "Compressor needs to deliver between 0.6 to 1.5 Mpa".
But when I look at air compressors on Aliexpress, they are all less than that.
For example, the ACO 009-E 160W is only >0.035 Mpa. ACO 328 60W is also >0.035.
Other models I find are far from 0.6 Mpa.

What model do you have?

Thank you for your help.
mk
dav
Site Admin

Re: What air compressor do you have ?

Post by dav »

Adding air assist can significantly improve the effect when doing deep engraving and cutting; it is recommended to use an air compressor for woodworking, which has the best effect; Ordinary low-pressure air assist can also improve a certain effect, but the effect is not as good as that of an air compressor;
melK

Re: What air compressor do you have ?

Post by melK »

I'm in Australia and am using an aquarium air pump which is normally used for blowing air bubbles for the fish. The one I have bought online only has a listed capacity of 4500 litres per hour (or 75L/min). It works perfectly fine and no issue at all and it is very quiet and runs at constant pressure for hours. I connected it to clear tube having inner diameter of 1mm. I noticed a significant difference in the laser cutting quality and power when I reduced that air diameter and made the hole even smaller. I achieved that by dismantling a ballpoint pen, removed the ink tube and flushed the ink out. Then inserted it into the 1mm clear tube.

This is the air pump I bought. Hope it helps in giving you an idea of the pump ratings at least.

https://www.catch.com.au/product/dynami ... gL0x_D_BwE

Regards
melK